Total Pageviews

Followers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Favorite Soup Recipes

One of our favorite meals in the winter is soup.  We eat it three to four times per week.  My personal favorite is Chicken or Turkey Vegetable, made with either homemade dumplings or rice.  Simple but VERY satisfying.
If you have a favorite let me know.  Are you willing to share the recipe?    We (mostly Jeff the Soup Nazi) make large batches and freeze them for future meals.  The family favorite is Hamburger Soup.  Easy and scrumdilisous.
We NEVER let a chicken or turkey carcass go to waste, beef roast bones or ham bones either.

Currently in our freezer:
  • Pea Soup
  • Red Chili - Wendy's style
  • White Chicken Chili
  • Vegetable broth (made from those bones mentioned above)
  • Booya 
  • Hamburger Soup
We're having a pre-Souper bowl party at my Dad's on Sunday.  No football...just SOUP!

Start brewing.  I know....I'm stirring the pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment